Re: i18n comments:

On 29/03/10 5:16 PM, Phillips, Addison wrote:
> This doesn't make any sense to me. I think you are over-thinking this.
>
> The author element contains the author's *NAME*. It can also include an href and an email attribute. UTR#36 refers explicitly to IRIs and IDNA addresses, which would be the values of these attributes. However, it does NOT refer to plain text (the body of the element 'author') which is what the 'dir' attribute really applies to. To not provide bidirectional overrides for the author's name strikes me as incredibly short sighted, given that you can override any higher-level element. To have one place in your configuration document that requires controls is not to improve security, it is to reduce usability.

I've updated the spec and the RelaxNG to include "rlo" and "lro".

> It would make far more sense for you to cite UTR#36 with regard to an implementations presentation of the href or email attributes, suggesting (or forbidding) the application of the dir attribute to these values. But the body of the<author>  element needs the bidi markup and should not depend on Unicode bidi controls.

I trashed the old note, made this new note.

[[
Note: Implementations intending to display IRIs and IDNA addresses found
in the configuration document are strongly encouraged to follow the
security advice given in [UTR36]. This could include, for example,
behaving as if the dir attribute had no effect on any IRI attributes,
path attributes, and the author element's email attribute.
]]

IRI attributes, path attributes are defined in the specification.

Any better?

Kind regards,
Marcos

--