Re: Proposed split of the HTML specification

On 6/11/15 5:16 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> as part of the many discussion about the next steps in HTML, the
> question of splitting up the HTML spec has come up again.

Just so I'm clear on the proposal, will there still be a single-page
version, or just the split-up version?

The reason I ask is that, especially for things like shared spec
algorithms, it's common for me as an implementor to need to figure out
what parts of the spec reference the part of the spec I'm looking at.
With the single-page version, I can just search the spec for the
relevant term, usually.

Of course this could also be addressed by attaching to each referenced
thing a list links to the things that reference it, which would be even
better from my point of view.  ;)

-Boris

P.S.  Don't put too much weight on this just on my account, since in
practice I mostly use the whatwg spec anyway; I tend to use the
multipage version until I need to do the sort of search I describe
above, at which point I use the single-page version.