Re: Proposed split of the HTML specification

Hi,

On 11/06/2015 14:49 , Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Just so I'm clear on the proposal, will there still be a single-page
> version, or just the split-up version?

The proposal is that the split-up version become the source. Based on
that, we can publish an aggregated version if people ask for it. In
fact, with a little bit of tinkering I could build you a
web-platform.html if you want it :) I'm sure it'd come in handy finding
performance regressions.

> Of course this could also be addressed by attaching to each referenced
> thing a list links to the things that reference it, which would be even
> better from my point of view.  ;)

It's slow work because it's not at the top of anyone's priority list,
but there has been some progress in tooling that would make that
possible (hopefully, across the board at some point).