Re: TextTrack questions

From: Eric Carlson <eric.carlson@apple.com<mailto:eric.carlson@apple.com>>
Date: Friday, January 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com<mailto:philipj@opera.com>>
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com<mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>>, Aaron Colwell <acolwell@google.com<mailto:acolwell@google.com>>, public-html <public-html@w3.org<mailto:public-html@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: TextTrack questions

On Jan 16, 2014, at 6:17 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com<mailto:philipj@opera.com>> wrote:

How about every time the buffered
ranges change in MSE, all cues for in-band tracks which do not overlap
with the new buffered ranges are thrown out? (Out-of-band and
script-created tracks would best be left alone I think.)

  Would we only want to do this for MSE? What about live streams or very long downloaded files, where we may end up with a huge number of cues in memory for time ranges which are no longer buffered?

I had always assumed that the UA could/would drop cues for time ranges not buffered. Is this not the case?

Bob

eric