Re: proposed change: links inside label elements

checked the code you provided:

<label>
  <input type="checkbox" />
  I agree to the <a href="tos.html">terms of service</a> for using this
product.
</label>

for the non link text the control can still be activated, so maybe only
needs to restrict case where label text is wholly contained with a link:

<label>
  <input type="checkbox" />
</label></a>

--