Re: [editing] Responsive Input Terminology

On 13/12/2014 05:58, Ben Peters wrote:
> You all have excellent points, thank you! Device Independent Events
> gets straight to the point, and I like that. Are there any objections
> to calling this concept Device Independent Events?
[...]
> The reason I want to have this broad conversation about naming is
> simply for consistency in terminology across relevant specs.

For what it's worth, I remember first coming around to this idea of
device-independent input stuff (at that time, mainly meaning "don't just
design for mouse, but also for keyboard") from WCAG 1.0  (1999)

http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#gl-device-independence

So I think this phrase/naming - which continues the same thinking and
expands it to include further input modalities - is more than
appropriate, as it builds on already established concepts.

Patrick H. Lauke