Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

On 3/21/2012 1:24 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>> >  Or we simply say the obvious "If the image is not a representative frame of the video, or conveys information in addition to the content of the video, then a description of that information must also be included with the description(s) of the video that are supplied for accessibility (e.g. alt, longdesc, transcript, etc.)."
> I agree with this sentence - in particular if it solves the deadlock.
> However, we don't currently have alt, longdesc or transcript
> attributes defined for video. We could say "... (e.g. aria
> attributes)." and then clarify this part of the sentence as we add
> other accessibility attributes to<video>.

Are we in a deadlock?

My understanding is that I30 is locked on some ARIA issues, and the
general push to get rid of @longdesc.
This thread/tangent is more of an exploration as to where @longdesc may
also be extended (if it's not gotten rid of).