Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]

David Singer writes:
> Or we simply say the obvious "If the image is not a representative frame of the video, or conveys information in addition to the content of the video, then a description of that information must also be included with the description(s) of the video that are supplied for accessibility (e.g. alt, longdesc, transcript, etc.)."

A description of the video is not the same thing as a description of a
rich image that is published to stand for the video.

It's not a video until the video is running. Until then it's an icon for
the video, or a poster for the video, or the magic doo-hickie that tells
you something about the video (or not).

Two different things, semantically disparate. Therefore, they obviously
need semantically distinct description. This should be obvious, but it
seems it isn't. So, consider that concattinating these two functions,
whether in one's own mind or in the markup that provides access, is
unacceptable.

Janina

> David Singer

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.443.300.2200