Re: Revert Request for "http+aes" scheme (see also ISSUE-179)

On 2012-03-07 14:06, Kornel Lesiński wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:50:11 -0000, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> I believe that the addition of the "http+aes" URI scheme
>> (<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.5601;r2=1.5602>
>> plus subsequent edits) is controversial in that:
>>
>> - there's a related issue (ISSUE-179) which hasn't been decided yet,
>
> I fail to see connection with av_param issue (unless you're referring to
> Encrypted Media proposal that followed it).

Indeed; I was mislead by the subject lines, and thought that the
Encrypted Media proposal was more directly connected.

> However, even though I've proposed the scheme myself, I won't object to
> the removal, as there were some good comments made on ietf-http-wg
> mailing list regarding this scheme. I think it may be redesigned to use
> "enc:<keyinfo>:http://.." syntax[1] or rely on an intermediate file with
> key and checksums[2].

Yes.

I agree that this feature might be interesting, but then, there are many
things that might be.

At some point we need to draw a line, otherwise last-calling things is a
joke.

Best regards, Julian