RE: HTML 5.1, Web Cryptography API

Thanks Adam!

>> On an informational note, the upcoming PKI and digital signatures functionality in web browsers, e.g. for user-generated content, is going to be highly useful for web application design and development across browsers and platforms.

I Agree!

>> A DOM4 deserialization and serialization or load and save specification, for example, could be published in co-operation with or utilizing the Web Cryptography API of the Web Cryptography Working Group.

Are you proposing starting a new joint deliverable for a DOM4 deserialization/serialization spec between our working groups? This sounds interesting. If you have a proposal somewhere, I'm sure member of this group would love to read it and provide feedback.

-Travis

On an informational note, the upcoming PKI and digital signatures functionality in web browsers, e.g. for user-generated content, is going to be highly useful for web application design and development across browsers and platforms.

XMLDSIG pertains to the document object model and could pertain to the deserialization and serialization (http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-LS/) of DOM4 (http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/). The DOM4 specification is described as published by the Web Applications Working Group in co-operation with the WHATWG. The DOM3 load and save specification was produced as a part of the W3C DOM Activity (http://www.w3.org/DOM/Activity.html) which concluded describing the HTML, SVG, and WebAPI Working Groups among the groups continuing the effort. A DOM4 deserialization and serialization or load and save specification, for example, could be published in co-operation with or utilizing the Web Cryptography API of the Web Cryptography Working Group.

Kind regards,

Adam Sobieski