Re: device independent title attribute support in browsers

HI dave, apologies i did not repsond to your questions:

> How would the user move focus to the image? Would it be in the tab order?

title attribute display is a problem for any element that has a title
attribute not just images.

There has been a suggestion that any element with a title attribute
should be included in the tab order (if it isn't already), I don't
know what the ramifications of this would be.

Also its not just being able to trigger display there also issues in
regards to being able to format tooltip display properties for users
with a range of disabilities.

> Would you want us to pursue implementing this regardless of the alt/title
> conformance decisions?

I have been banging on about title attribute accessibility since the
middle of the decade:
Web Essentials 2005 - The Title attribute - what is it good for?
http://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/articles/WE05/

regards
Stevef

--