Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals

Laura Carlson wrote:
> Hi Sam and Janina,
>
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>> John Foliot wrote:
>>> Would it be helpful to the chairs if the A11y Task Force come back with
>>> some proposed dates and times/timelines instead of the dart-board choice
>>> of April 15th?
>> Yes, it would be helpful if the A11y Task Force were to come back with an
>> updated A11Y timeline for all tracker related issues.  Action 170 was opened
>> on 2010-01-19, with an original target date of 2010-01-28:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/170?changelog
>
> I think that there may be some confusion over  the type of  Action 170 is.
>
> Was the idea for Janina's Action 170 to be a permanent reporting
> action? Or was it to be a one time thing? Janina asked about this
> February 10.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0271.html

 From my perspective, to date it has been neither.

   From http://www.w3.org/2010/01/14-html-wg-minutes.html :

     "janina to update A11Y timeline for tracker related issues by jan
      28"

   From http://www.w3.org/2010/01/28-html-wg-minutes.html :

     "haven't yet got specific about timelines"

   From http://www.w3.org/2010/02/04-html-wg-minutes.html :

     "when does the task force intend to bring back specific proposals
      for specific issues?" ... "action-170 due in 2 weeks"

   From http://www.w3.org/2010/02/25-html-wg-minutes.html :

     "action-170 due in one week"

> These are the accessibility issues
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Issues#Open_Issues
>
> Accessibility Change Proposal Status
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Accessibility_Change_Proposal_Status

I'll note that the date on that page for Issue 9 is 16th February.

> I agree would be good to have reasonable and realistic dates.

While I don't particularly enjoy being the nag, at this point I do feel
that some gentle nudging is necessary and appropriate.  If the outcome
of picking a date for one issue that might be close causes realistic and
reasonable dates to be picked for all issues, then I am entirely OK with
that outcome.

> Best Regards,
> Laura

- Sam Ruby