Re: Notes on the draft polyglot document Polyglot document

On Jun 11, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Patrick Ion wrote:

> However, the suggestion for a change to 'XHTML documents'  yields
> the question as to whether this deals _only_ with XTHML, or whether
> other XML vocabularies, such as SVG and MathML, may be involved.
> That seems to be the case from Section 5
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html#namespaces
>
> and  Subsection 6.2.2.2.

Fair enough, but the abstract says:
"This document summarizes design guidelines for authors who wish their XHTML or HTML documents to validate on either HTML or XML parsers..."
http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html#abstract

Given the focus on XHTML or HTML documents, I understood the SVG and MathML namespace references to deal with SVG or MathML elements within XHTML/HTML documents.  I may be wrong on this.  Either way, it might be valuable to clarify this point (is it about XHTML or multiple XML applications) in the document.

Grant