Re: Notes on the draft polyglot document Polyglot document

On Jun 11, 2010, at 1:51 PM, Simpson, Grant Leyton wrote:

> Persuasively argued. I'm won over.
>
>> 	'Polyglot markup: HTML Compatible XML Documents'

Very good.

However, the suggestion for a change to 'XHTML documents'  yields
the question as to whether this deals _only_ with XTHML, or whether
other XML vocabularies, such as SVG and MathML, may be involved.
That seems to be the case from Section 5

http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-xhtml-author-guide/html-xhtml-authoring-guide.html#namespaces

and  Subsection 6.2.2.2.

>> By the way, what do you think about saying "XHTML" instead of "XML"?
>>
>> 	'Polyglot markup: HTML Compatible XHTML Documents'
>
> This is better yet, since the document deals specifically with XHTML and not other applications of XML.  My only addition would be a hyphen to make "HTML Compatible" into a compound adjective:
>
> "Polyglot Markup: HTML-compatible XHTML Documents"

So I'm doubtful about 'not other applications of XML' and suggest retaining 'XML Documents', even if not all such documents are discussed.
A start is being made.

Patrick Ion
ion@ams.org