RE: preparing WG publication

> The WHATWG version has several features through the use of JavaScript that
> the W3C version lacks.

That's a specific representation of the standard, not the actual normative text of the standard.   Because the actual normative text is the approved W3C version, we can't be pointing people to some other non-normative work.

>It also has a much better license.

That is your opinion, not a fact. The fact is that the WHATWG document is NOT the official normative standard from a recognized SDO and therefore should NOT be referenced from the official version.

Co-chairs - this seems like an issue that needs to be addressed at your level (or above).

Leonard