Re: provide reference and info about HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives in html5 spec

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> I would like to draw your attention this bug as i consider it important
> that readers of the HTML5 specification have a clear understanding that
> the author conformance criteria detailed in 4.8.2.1.1 to 4.8.2.1.11 of
> the spec are not authoritative and that an alternative set of
> conformance criteria are being developed and published by the HTML wg.

I do not believe the working group has made a decision on this. Personally
I would be extremely strongly opposed to moving the conformance criteria
for the alt="" attribute out of the HTML spec. I think your document
should have the same normative status as Lachlan's document or Mike's
document, that is, an informative addendum to the spec.

(There's a big difference between agreeing to publish something and
agreeing that it should replace something else. I personally encourage
everyone to publish anything they like, even if I disagree with what they
are proposing; that does not indicate that I support their proposals.)