Re: <iframe doc="">

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I'm not sure how markup in attributes is any worse than a data url,
> which contains precisely the same data and is in an attribute.  The
> only difference is the name of the attribute and the escaping
> requirements.  (There are a few practical differences between how data
> urls currently work and how @srcdoc works that can be significant, but
> they're not relevant to this particular concern of yours.)

Well, data URIs are already there, while srcdoc would be a new
attribute, and we've been told by the editor that each new attribute in
HTML costs around 1 billion dollars in
specifying/implementing/deploying/documenting/teaching.

Furthermore, the data: URI scheme allows you to specify the mime type,
so the HTML vs XHTML question is already answered.

Best regards, Julian