Re: Issues 89 through 97

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
>> I'd like a small extension, and have you set the date for March 1st.
>> Considering that the response to the bugs took over two months for at
>> least one, and the number of change proposals I have to write, I don't
>> think my request is unreasonable.
>
> March 1st is a little over a month and a half. That sounds reasonable to me. I put you down as the volunteer for this batch with the stated deadline. For now we're not setting any other deadlines (either for counter-proposals or for any other issues).
>
> See issue status page for updates: <file:///Users/mjs/Work/src/html5/status/issue-status.html>.

Thanks.

I would like ensure, though, that the group is instructed that all
proposals, in support of zero-edits and otherwise, are also due this
time.

There is nothing in procedure allowing the concept of
"counter-proposal" and a full month for these to be written. This puts
a double burden on those who want to challenge the current document,
as well as the editor's decision.

The editor can, seemingly, add new material at the wish of _a_
implementor, and the only way we can counter this is to file a bug,
wait for wontfix, then do a proposal. But, rather than folks writing a
proposal to support the existing document, they wait to see what we
write, and then write one specifically counter to us. But we are,
then, not given time to write our own counter to the counter. Of
course not, because all of the proposals should be written at one
time, and then have a period to discuss all of them.

So, though I thank you for letting me have a couple of extra weeks, I
would rather we not brush my concerns away about our not following the
Decision Process. We did not follow the Decision Process with
Microdata. We did not follow it with the dt/dd proposal. Evidently,
the same is in store for everything else.

Now is the time to remind people that if they want to write zero-edit
proposals for any of these issues, they have until March 1st, and that
no proposal will be accepted after that point.

I didn't write the Decision process, you chairs did. All I'm asking is
that you follow your own procedure.

> Regards,
> Maciej

Shelley