Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

Hi Leif,

On Jan 11, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> I must unfortunately change my support for the publication of a FPWD
> of
> Microdata to an objection. I have one condition, with two alternative
> solutions, for lifting my objection:
>
> 	EITHER: Solicit with the community behind HTML+RDFa about changing
> the
> title "HTML+RDFa" to e.g. "HTML5+RDFa", "HTML5 RDFa" or "HTML5 with
> RDFa" (or another name that includes "HTML5"). Then I could accept
> "HTML5 Microdata" as title of the FPWD of Microdata. (Both title and
> subtitle count as "title")
>
> 	OR: Solicit with the community behind Microdata to change the title
> of
> the FPWD to "HTML+Microdata" or some other name which do not include
> the word "HTML5". (Both title and subtitle count as "title")

I understand where you're coming from, but is this really an FPWD
blocker? It seems like something that could be handled by filing bugs
against either or both specs. I note that HTML+RDFa already has a
bugzilla component. I especially wouldn't want to block publication of
Microdata on an action by a different editor.

Alternately: Ian, would you be OK with changing the title from "HTML5
Microdata" to either "HTML+Microdata" or "HTML Microdata" or something
similar?

Regards,
Maciej