Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

On Jan 10, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 07:12:56 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak
> <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive
>> January 24, this resolution will carry.
>
> Given that there are objections, what is the procedure?

A Working Draft does not require consensus, and it seems like this one
has a lot of support, and does meet the "at least 3 independent
contributors" standard. In general, for an FPWD resolution with some
objections but also significant support, the chairs could proceed in
one of several ways:

1) Ask objectors (either privately or publicly) to consider
withdrawing their objections.
2) Ask for revisions to the draft that would remove objections --
that's assuming any of the objectors have described changes that would
remove their objection.
3) Decide to proceed notwithstanding objections.
4) Decide to hold off and raise the matter again in the future.

Currently we have two objections that have not been withdrawn.

Regards,
Maciej