Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

Maciej,

My comments below:

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Sep 19, 2009, at 12:54 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>

>> However as far as I can see the spec doesn't actually define how to do
>> prefix mapping in a DOM.
>>
>> Or am I missing something?
>
> You're not missing anything. It's not currently defined. This was one
> of my points of feedback on the initial draft, which Manu believed he
> addressed by citing section 5.4 of the XHTML+RDFa spec. But that
> section does not define anything about pseudo-namespace syntax in
> HTML. It's not even the section that defines the normative processing
> requirements for CURIE prefix mappings in XML - that would be 5.5. And
> the rules in 5.5 do not even correctly describe what should be done in
> XML, as explained by be here
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/0089.html>
> (scroll down to Manu's mention of "Section 5.5" and my reply).
Obviously, we disagree.  Section 5.4 clearly indicates a normative
requirement that prefixes are declared using the syntax as defined in
the Namespaces in XML Recommendation.  If you don't read it that way, do
you have a proposed change that we could fold into the errata for the
RDFa Syntax Recommendation?

As to your concern about section 5.5, thanks for bringing that to our
attention.  I proposed errata text to clarify that wording [1] and I
expect it to be approved at the next Task Force meeting.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2009Sep/0092.html

> Needless to say, I am not satisfied that my comment on this has been
> addressed. It appears to me that the xmlns processing model for HTML
> remains totally undefined.

There is no "xmlns" processing model in RDFa.  There is a syntax
specification and rules for extracting prefix mappings from that
syntax.  Both of those are normative, including by reference for their
relevant, defining Recommendations.