tweaking meter [was: Re: <meter> and <progress> (was RE: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5)]

Jonas Sicking wrote:

> What i was wondering was if you had examples of
> <meter>s other than the "X stars rating" example

I think meter should be an appropriate element for things like
"number of posts" or "member for X months".

Under the current definition, these wouldn't be appropriate,
as there is no *hard* maximum, but I think it would be reasonable
to change the element to accommodate them.

Er, well, unless it made styling an unsolvable problem.

Should meter have the ability to define multiple category breaks,
such as

    val < 0.5 ==> star0
    0.5 < val <1.5 ==> star1
   3.5 < val ==> star4