Re: tweaking meter [was: Re: <meter> and <progress> (was RE: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5)]

On 2 Sep 2009, at 15:38, Jim Jewett wrote:

> I think meter should be an appropriate element for things like
> "number of posts" or "member for X months".
>
> Under the current definition, these wouldn't be appropriate,
> as there is no *hard* maximum, but I think it would be reasonable
> to change the element to accommodate them.

Depending on how you define "hard maximum" each of these examples
have a hard maximum:

   - the total number of posts ever made to the site
   - the length of time since the group was founded

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>