Re: Design Principles

Thank you for seeing that all of the comments were restored to the
questionnaire:
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/results

Much appreciated.

>From those comments it seems evident that the decision was exactly
what the title states, that is: to release the Design Principles as a
Working Draft. Consensus of the document's content has not been
reached.

Shawn seemed to have thought that the principles themselves had gained
group consensus.
http://twitter.com/soypunk/status/1828939719

The status statement of the principles document also makes it clear
that consensus of the document's content has not been reached.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html-design-principles/#sotd

Sam and Chris, is there a plan to try to reach consensus of content
for the design principles document?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2009, Laura Carlson wrote:
>>
>> What has caused all of the comments except one from Ian to be deleted
>> from the "Release "HTML Design Principles" as a W3C Working Draft?"
>> Questionnaire? [1]
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/results
>
> Looks like it was the comments from unaffiliated members that got removed;
> my comment was the only comment from a member company:
>
>   http://web.archive.org/web/20071207222250/http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/wdhdp/results
>
> If it helps, I happen to know that the comments were there as recently as
> the end of March this year (that is the last time I looked at that
> questionnaire's comments). So this presumably happened sometime in April
> or May.
>
> I reported this to Mike earlier today (when Laura raised it on Twitter),
> and he has apparently contacted the sysreq team.
>
>   http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20090518#l-5
>
> --

Laura L. Carlson