Re: XMLHttpRequest and HTML5 URLs

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I don't follow. (E.g. I've no idea what you mean by stating that URLs
> are URLs.)

The URL parameter to be used in XHR could be defined as an URL as
defined in RFC 3986.

> We want to support the following scenarios
>
>   client.open("GET", "x x")
>   client.open("GET", "ë")

Who is "we"? I think I don't.

> as the majority of clients today handle them. As far as I know that
> requires HTML5 URL handling. That Internet Explorer does not handle the

The first one requires "HTML5" handling, and I'm not convinced it's a
good idea to allow it.

The second one simply requires RFC3987 handling.

> second case currently is no reason not to make it work going forward,
> especially since everyone else already does support it.

Are you referring to XHR 1 or XHR 2?

Speaking of which, what's the state of XHR 1?

BR, Julian