Re: "Web addresses in HTML 5" for review (ISSUE-56 urls-webarch)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:48:19 +0100
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, public-html@w3.org
On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:44:42 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Are you sure XMLHttpRequest needs the same handling?
>
> I recall testing with (non-URI) IRIs some time ago, and they were simply
> not supported.

If you have new feel free to post to public-webapps@w3.org. My
recollection is that only Internet Explorer did not support them. Also,
HTML5 URL handling is needed for things such as spaces and other
characters which are not handled by the IRI and URI specifications.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/