Re: SVG Feedback on HTML5 SVG Proposal

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:58 AM, T.V Raman <raman@google.com> wrote:
> And this is why in gneral, it would be a good idea for
> show-source to perhaps show a cleaned-up serialization, rather
> than the original tag-soup that was authored.

This is a very interesting idea. There are a few problems that needs
to be solved, such as ensuring that the cleaned-up source parses to
exactly the same DOM as the raw source. There's also the problem that
javascript error messages containing line numbers needs to stay
meaningful.

One possible solution would be to have a button in the view-source
window that allows you to toggle between "cleaned up" view and "raw
off the network" view. I think firebug supports something very similar
where you can show to view "pretty printed" javascript, or the raw
source of the page.

This I think would be great not just to help authors create cleaner
markup, but also help people read pages that have been "compressed" or
even intentionally obfuscated.

/ Jonas