document.write from script-inserted external script

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:25:50 +0300
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Hi,

Could you please check if the specced behavior for
http://hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/level0/write/005.html
is the wanted behavior and then write down what the wanted result is?
(I'm not sure I got it right myself.)

I tried to implement the spec behavior for this. The possibly buggy
outcome I'm seeing doesn't agree with any shipped browser. However, I
don't expect existing content to depend on this, since IE8 refuses to
run the scripts and cites a KB article.

Also, have I understood correctly that insertion point is never
undefined when there's an active parser that is a script-created
parser and the tokenizer isn't tokenizing the synchronous part of a
document.write()?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi