Re: document.write from script-inserted external script

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:24:04 +0000 (UTC)
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Could you please check if the specced behavior for
> http://hixie.ch/tests/adhoc/dom/level0/write/005.html is the wanted
> behavior and then write down what the wanted result is? (I'm not sure I
> got it right myself.)

I've updated the test to match what the spec says (and to more
dramatically demonstrate why I think what it says is substantially
preferable than what WebKit and Gecko do today).

> Also, have I understood correctly that insertion point is never
> undefined when there's an active parser that is a script-created parser
> and the tokenizer isn't tokenizing the synchronous part of a
> document.write()?

Not sure what you mean by the second part. The insertion point is never
undefined when there's an active script-creaed parser full stop.