Re: Glass houses and stones

On Jan 30, 2009, at 19:20, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:

> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>
>> Given the recent suggestion that the WG needs some ground rules for
>> taking on new drafts, I'd like to suggest that one of the ground
>> rules be that editors disclose to the WG when a draft or a section
>> of a draft comes into existence in response to private feedback the
>> whole group isn't seeing. (Of course, I'd prefer even more openness.)
>
> As would we all.  Perhaps the WHATWG would consider
> shutting down their mailing list(s), web site(s)
> and IRC channel(s) and conducting all HTML 5 business
> solely through the media (lists, web pages, etc) of the W3C ?

It was pointed out to me that my choice of words didn't unambiguously
capture what I meant.

My suggestion wasn't about venue. It was about the inability to
discover the existence of motivating feedback even if one was
following discussion on all well-known public venues and using
continuous Web searches to track less known public venues.

Everyone here *knows* that the WHATWG list and channel exist and the
archives/logs can be inspected at will.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi