Re: Who is the Intended Audience of the Markup Spec Proposal?

Le 30 janv. 2009 à 07:22, Simon Pieters a écrit :
> I don't think we should say that, for instance, linking to a 404
> resource is non-compliant, so even if we expand on the rules for
> document conformance around URLs a validator still wouldn't be very
> useful for catching URL mistakes.

Indeed. Because it is one feature of the Web that a link can break,
even if [Cool URIs don't change][1]. The author of the document has no
control on the persistence policy of the distant domain. Plus there
are tools for people who wants to check if their links are broken and
for which reasons such as [LinkChecker][2].

[1]: http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html
[2]: http://validator.w3.org/checklink

--
Karl Dubost