Re: Setting document.domain

James Graham wrote:
> I think the algorithm for determining if a domain is in the public
> suffix list should be specified in detail somewhere, although I guess
> HTML 5 is likely not quite the right place since this may be used in
> non-HTML contexts.

It's not as well-linked as it should be, but the definition of the list
format is here:
http://publicsuffix.org/format/

If this language is insufficiently normative, perhaps someone with
experience or writing speccy normative language might like to revise it.
This may well expose ambiguities.

Code in Mozilla parses the list and makes a comparison of a domain with
the list, I would hope according to the rules given at the above URL,
and returns true or false as appropriate.

[Note that I am currently not a subscriber to public-html@w3.org or any
WHAT-WG list.]

Gerv