Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) writes:

> the need to separate the need-to-know part (markup) from the "only if
> you need to process this stuff" part, and make the former accessible
> to all webmasters.  But unless the part factored out is normative, the
> poor webmaster may /still/ have to refer to the full HTML 5
> Specification, and that is what I believe we must avoid.

Hixie has said the full spec will have different views for various
target audiences which hide parts not relevant to them, so no "poor
webmaster" will have to wade through the full spec.

Surely that would sufficient, and doesn't require a separate document
also to be normative?

Smylers