Re: "Video, Audio, and Media in HTML 5" (and outline/sketch of other author/developer ideas)

Dan Connolly wrote:
> I have been thinking about materials to engage the author/developer
> community, and I'm inclined to start on something
> like "Video, Audio, and Media in HTML 5".
>
> We have Ian's spec and Lachlan's guide and Mike's markup spec,
> but those all take an exhaustive-enumeration approach. I started
> outlining a successive elaboration guide to HTML 5, but I'm not
> sure "here's how you make a <p> TAG" is going to get much attention
> at this point, so I'm inclined to focus on something closer to
> the leading edge, i.e. video/audio/media.

At first, it wasn't clear to me from this, or the attached outline, how
this differed from the authoring guide I'm working on.  But based on
recent IRC discussions, I would just like to get some clarification
about this.

Do you intend to make this follow a cookbook approach, which primarily
focuses on how to create specific kinds of content based on use cases?
e.g. Like the following use cases:

* How to publish a video or audio in a web page and create
   custom user interface for it.
* How to use canvas to draw a chart or create an interactive game.
* How to mark up photos with captions.
* etc.

If that's the case, then I can see that how it would be complimentary
to, rather than competing with, the existing authoring guide.  If I've
still not understood, then please clarify.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/