Re: ACTION-96: Origin removal

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Sam Ruby wrote:

> [...] I have recently been informed that sections can be removed from
> the HTMLWG draft and be retained in the WHATWG draft [...]

While that's technically possible, there is no mechanism to do so right
now for bits in the middle of the spec. The only mechanism is to change
the header (potentially including the introduction, though right now that
is included in the common section).

I would really like to avoid any differences in normative sections if at
all possible, as it would lead to the W3C version being less useful to
readers than the WHATWG version. Making them different should be
considered a last resort, the symbol of the W3C HTML WG and the WHATWG
being unable to come to an agreement (and thus a failure for us, the
HTMLWG, to follow our charter).