RE: ISSUE-4: Versioning, namespace URIs and MIME types

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 11:51 -0800, Larry Masinter wrote:
[...]
> The need for multiple libraries comes from having incompatible
> languages or language versions. Incompatible languages and
> language versions should be avoided--- however, not providing
> a way of detecting which of several incompatible languages
> or language versions was intended is a head-in-the-sand way
> of pretending like they don't exist, and makes the problem
> worse, not better.

I don't think so; the summary of this issue
shows that there are some eyes-open arguments
that lead to the conclusion that we should not
provide a way of detective which of several
incompatible languages was intended:

* L. David Baron "Version information" -
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0279.html

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E