Re: publication decision [was: details on report of PFWG HTML5 actions & issues status]

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) writes:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > Is this somehow insufficiently explicit?
> >
> > "Minutes ... should be sent to public-html-wg-announce within a day or
> > two."
> >  -- http://www.w3.org/html/wg/#telcon
>
> But surely more importantly, an announcement such as this should, at
> the very least, have been copied to the "public-html" list.

Since Dan says the membership of both lists is the same, all on the
public-html list surely get the announcements as well?

> The use of multiple lists reminds one more of "divide and conquer"
> than it does of democracy and open debate.

Several members have stated they struggle to (or are unable to) read
every message on public-html.  Separating out announcements provides a
way of highlighting them, so people can make sure they don't miss them.
(For example, I have public-html filtering into a folder I check when I
have time but public-html-wg-announce going straight to my inbox so I
always see those, and in reasonable time.)

> > The subscription list for public-html-wg-announce the same as for
> > public-html, and both of them include P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk .
>
> Well, I have used SeaMonkey's "Subject or sender contains" filter to
> search for all mail from "-announce" and find four messages, none of
> which originate from public-html-wg-announce.

public-html-wg-announce is the recipient list, not the sender; the
sender will be Dan or whoever made the announcement, so that string
won't be among either the subject or the sender.

> But thank you for taking the trouble to check the list membership; I
> appreciate that.  I would be interested to learn to where the messages
> are, in fact, going ...

Does SeaMonkey allow searching the full headers?

Smylers