RE: Accessibility of <audio> and <video>

This is what I proposed as well... I also added the possibility of putting a @longdesc in the element too. I think it is a good way of handling it. Use an attribute for moderate amounts of text, and an URL for large amounts of text (or frequently referenced text).

> 1. Something like that is actually necessary for solving the problem,
>     rather than just providing suitable link text that describes its
>     purpose, and

I agree, we need the accessibility people to weigh in on this and see if it is worth pursuing.

> 2. That it would successfully solve the problem.

Ditto my above remark. :)

J.Ja