Re: Form-associated elements in the parsing algorithm

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> I noticed that association with the form pointer is no longer a step in
> the parsing algorithm and instead the parsing algorithm refers to
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#form-associated-element

It's a step in the definition of "Insert an HTML element".

> This could be clearer if that section enumerated the elements that are
> form-associated. For example, I tell at a glance if the list matched the
> list at
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/html/document/src/nsHTMLContentSink.cpp#509

You can get a list currently by clicking on the <dfn> for "form-associated
element". I plan to make summary tables at some point that list all the
elements and what categories they are in.