Re: Authoring Guide (was: Splitting up the spec)

Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 02:37:48 +0100, Lachlan Hunt
> <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
>> The authoring guide, of which I am the current editor...
>
> I wasn't aware of the authoring guide before this, and after skimming
> through, it seems like a large step in the right direction. What is
> the best place to discuss this guide? Here on the HTML WG list?

Yes, either here on public-html or on public-html-comments.

> And what will be the relationship between the HTML5 specification and
> the authoring guide?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Could you please elaborate?

> The authoring guide will of course reference the HTML5 specification,
> but what about the other way around? Can an informative reference to
> the authoring guide be present in the HTML5 specification?

Once it gets published as an FPWD, then informatively referencing the
guide from the spec is possible, if there is somewhere in the spec from
where such a reference would be appropriate.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/