Re: setting HTMLMediaElement volume and playbackRate attributes

On Nov 23, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> playbackRate 0 is equivalent to pausing playback and in my opinion it
> seems like a bad idea to have several ways to do that.

   I agree that a "playbackRate == 0" is equivalent to "paused ==
true", but isn't "volume == 0" is equivalent to "muted == true"?

   Why is it OK for volume but not rate?

   Why is "playbackRate = 0.0000000000.1" allowed, but "playbackRate =
0.0" throws an error?

eric