Re: An HTML language specification

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> I posit that the mental model of this put forward by the spec should
> match the implementation model and it would be entirely
> counter-productive to try to explain away the fundamentally synchronous
> relationship of parsing and script execution [b]y coming up with an
> alternative declarative or functional model.

I have no problems with the specification referencing
a mental model of the current implementation so long
as it cannot be misinterpreted as saying "and this is
therefore how it should be done".  By all means document
that this is how current browsers operate, but do not
constrain future development by suggesting that this
is the only possible model : future browser implementors
may find a far better model that the current generation
have inadvertently overlooked.

Philip TAYLOR