Re: Why "Platform Core" and "HTML5" are in the same spec

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > > I am willing to edit SQL, offline application cache as well as server sent
> > > events
> >
> > Those parts are mostly written; even if we do split out those
> > sections, the amount of work they would require is minimal and I would
> > be quite happy to continue doing that work. Where help is needed is in
> > the sections listed in this e-mail: ...
>
> Ian, I can recall you saying that you'd be happy to split things like
> SQL out if there was an editor. Is my memory bad?

If I mentioned an editor for the SQL-related parts I was probably talking
about an editor for the SQL language subset that the database section will
eventually need to require for interoperability, as opposed to the
database and storage section (which as noted, is mostly done already).
There's nothing to split out as far as that goes, though, there's no text
written yet at all for that.

If anyone does want to help with such a section, that would be really
useful. We would probably have to wait for a second implementation,
though, as I expect this would mostly need to be written by reverse
engineering implementations rather than by designing the language.