Re: Should we Publish a Langauge Specification?

Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
> As can be seen from recent discussion here, we don't have
> agreement as a group that we should actually produce a separate
> normative "markup spec" at all, nor that the details of it should
> be anything like those in my draft.

Would it be worth making a poll about whether to publish a normative
language specification as a W3C Working Draft?

This idea came to me when I remembered the poll about whether to publish
HTML5 Differences from HTML4 last year:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0844.html>

That might help clarify whether the predominate disagreements are:

* fundamental objections to doing this at all;
* or concerns about what details and wording go into it.

As well as showing how widely these views are shared within the Group, of
course.

Perhaps after Participants have had some more time to review the work you've
done?

--
Ben Millard
<http://projectcerbera.com/web/study/>