Re: An HTML language specification

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Mark Baker wrote:
>>
>> > Can anybody name a long deployed system whose constituent protocols
>> were
>> > specified as a monolith?  I can't.
>>
>> The United States of America.
>> http://uscode.house.gov/
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the US constitution consist of
> seven separate articles

Sure, but the reference was to the full US code.  If you think that's
not monolithic, then I urge you to google "toy arrows bailout".  That's
not exactly an isolated example of the way legislation works in the U.S.

-Boris

P.S.  There's the separate argument as to how much of the constitution
is operable nowadays, and hence whether it could even be viewed as a
reasonable constituent protocol of the U.S.  For example, the third
amendment doesn't have much bearing on today's world, the ninth and
tenth are pretended to not exist, and the second is always good for
starting an argument in polite company.