Re: An HTML language specification vs. a browser specification

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:10, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> Furthermore, the checklist you suggest seems to be written with the
>> intent of discouraging anybody coming up.
>
> What do you think the process should be?

Funny enough it's in the paragraph you did not quote:

JR> The working group should make a decision whether a split is feasible
and a good thing to do, and then should select one or multiple editors.
But "go ahead, waste your time, until we'll tell you that you're not a
second Ian after all" will not fly.

Best regards, Julian