Re: UA support for Content-Disposition header (filename parameter)

Julian Reschke wrote:
> The problem I raised *is* an interoperability problem that has affected
> people in the real world. So it escapes me why you feel HTML5 should be
> silent on it.

Because it's not an interoperability issue associated directly with
HTML, nor any of the features defined in the specification.

There are many other specifications that browsers are required to
support, but which are not individually listed in HTML5.  The only
reason you have presented to support its inclusion is that there are
currently interoperability issues with it, but that is not a problem
HTML5 should try to solve for every single spec.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/