Re: [whatwg] WF2 - <form action="">

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 01:03:45PM -0600, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Also note that RFC 3986 obsoletes RFC 2396 and changes these rules
> somewhat. Which one are we normatively referencing here?  Or should we be
> referencing RFC 1808?  The situation is not all that clear-cut.

We should be referencing the most recent URI standard, RFC 3986.
According to that, a relative URI which is empty or just contains a
fragment part should resolve to the base URI, except with the original
fragment part (if any) removed, and the new one (if any) added.  So, if
the document URI or base URI in scope on the 'form' element is
'http://a/b/c/d;p?q#f' then resolving should give these results:

    "" -> "http://a/b/c/d;p?q"
    "#newfrag" -> "http://a/b/c/d;p?q#newfrag"

HTH.