	From: public-html-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Howard Cary Morris
	Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 1:44 PM
	To: public-html@w3.org
	Subject: Suffestions for improvement

	Currently I know of no way to include html source from another
file or site. may I suggest either
	<copy src="filename or url" /> or
	<script src="filename or url" type=html />
	Additional reason for suggestion: Some feel that all pages of a
site have the same look and feel, and top be able to copy html source
would simplify the process of making all page headers the same.

	Minor augment against: may be able to do this with forms.

	Things to decide if implemented:
which either should be disallowed or cause an error if a vicious circle
occurs.

	Slight improvement:
	<copy src="filename or url" &parm1=... &parm2=... /> so you can
have substitutable parameters. Name of parameters are up to coder. When
the copied code is expanded &parm1; gets replaced with the value of
&parm1 (I know semicolon seems redundant, but consistent with values
like &nbsp;). Could also allow multiple <default &parm1=.... /> to set
default values in copy member if that parameter was not specified. I
think it should be an error if the default value for the same parameter
is specified more than once and both default values are not the same. If
the coder wants one default value in one part of the code and a second
in another part of the code then two different parameters should be
used. I suppose that constructs like <default &parm2=&parm1; /> should
me allowed.
	Hope you consider this useful,
	    Howard Morris

	Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Get it
now!
<http://www.windowslive.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_powerofwindows_012008>