Re: Underline element.

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but platform-independent UI is one more unreachable dream of
>> mankind.
>
> A bit melodramatic....

Whom how as usual :)

The drama is named "Creation of Multi-platform UA".
Different platforms will never have something even
close to standard UI so that stage will never stand idle.

>> E.g. there are and will be OSes that may not support CUA [1].
>
> You seem to be misunderstanding the issue. This is not about CUA, but
> quite the opposite: accepting that different OSes, browsers, etc will
> use different access models, and therefore not confusing the user by
> using cues specific to one particular OS when presented in other
> environments.

I mean that in OSes that follow CUA (and for their users, btw), things like
   <u>S</u>omething
are getting good portion of semantic. So <u> is not purely decorative
element.

As I said in previous messages I personally think that <kbd> is better
for marking up access key functionality but I saw <u> used for such
purposes too.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com